1) The following are not allowed. Pets (unless by specific arrangement, in which case a charge of £35 per pet will be made), bicycles, electrical/gas items, live bait.
2) Towels are available at extra cost of £5 per head for 2 towels.
3) Car parking is free of charge (up to a maximum of 1 car per 4 people). Additional cars can be parked @ £20 per car. (All cars are left under the strict agreement that they are left entirely at your own risk. We do, of course, take all reasonable precautions.)
4) If for any reason the hirer is forced to cancel the booking, you must inform us in writing immediately and we will acknowledge receipt of this which confirms the cancellation. If this is before the balance of hire is due (i.e. one month beforehand) you will forfeit only your deposit. If it is within one month of your start date, we will endeavour to re-book but, unfortunately, you will remain liable for the full payment.
5) We cannot accept liability for the loss of or damage to your own personal belongings. The boat and its contents are, of course, fully insured against any accidental damage or loss to it or a third party. Any damage or loss caused by irresponsible behaviour, negligence, speeding or failing to adhere to the instructions given in the handover will be charged for.
6) We will retain credit or debit card details, while you are out on the boat we will use this to charge for any unreasonable damage to the boat, its interior or to any third party boats that may occur while the boat is out on hire.
7) The boat should not be navigated by anyone under the influence of alcohol or drugs. The Company may cancel your booking and refuse to hand the boat over to you or repossess at any time during the hire if any member of the party appears to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs. In such a case the Company will be entitled to recover any loss, expense or damage from the monies paid by the hirer. Should this be insufficient to recover its loss it shall be entitled to bring a claim against the hirer for any outstanding balance.
8) The Company may repossess the boat at any time if in the reasonable opinion of the Company you are unsuitable to be in charge of the boat for any reason affecting the safety of any person, the boat , any other property or your irresponsible behaviour is causing unreasonable disturbance to other people.
9) The boat is licensed for BW canals; those wishing to take the boat on the Thames must obtain permission from the boatyard prior to booking (this will not be given to novice hirers and it should be noted that an additional licence will be required).
10) The Hirer is liable for any charges made by Navigation authorities for damage to the waterway or its property.
11) Dogs or Minors MUST NOT be left alone on the boat OR steering the boat!
12) The Hirer is in complete charge of the boat and MUST, in the case of any accident, inform us immediately and make a note of any third parties involved together with the details of the event.
13) The pickup time is 14.30 and drop off time is 09.30 (unless otherwise agreed). We reserve the right to charge £100 per hour for late arrival or drop off.
14) A charge of £100 will be made for a boat returned in an unreasonably dirty condition.